|Published:||Jul 31, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 31, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The 2012 back-to-school tax-free shopping weekend will take place August 3rd through August 5th.
During that time, no sales tax shall be collected on the sale of clothing, wallets, or bags, including handbags, backpacks, fanny packs and diaper bags.
Briefcases, suitcases and other garment bags are excluded.
The price of the clothing must be $75 or less per item. The sale of school supplies must be $15 or less per item.
“Clothing” means any article of wearable apparel, including all footwear. However, “clothing” does not include watches, watchbands, jewelry, umbrellas, handkerchiefs, or sporting equipment.
“School supplies” means pens, pencils, erasers, crayons, notebooks, notebook filler paper, legal pads, binders, lunch boxes, construction paper, markers, folders, poster board, composition books, poster paper, scissors, cellophane tape, glue, paste, rulers, computer disks, protractors, compasses and calculators.
Click here for more information.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers