|Published:||Jul 30, 2012 11:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2012 6:22 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office and Fire/EMS responded to a fire inside a garage at 2157 Rio De Janeiro Avenue in Deep Creek at 10:40 a.m. A 15-year-old boy was badly burned and MedStar was called to fly the boy to a trauma unit in Tampa.
The teen was playing with matches and gasoline at the time of the accident.
Deputies provided traffic control for Charlotte Fire/EMS. The helicopter landed at Rio De Janeiro Ave. and Constantine Road. and departed at 11:20 a.m.; deputies reopened the roads in the area.
CCSO Major Crimes Unit detectives are on scene and the State Fire Marshal has been notified. No other details are available at this time.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge