PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a report of two girls being abducted at gunpoint in St. Lucie County was a hoax.
A Port St. Lucie boy has been arrested for making the false report, which prompted a police search on ground and in the air.
A police spokesman says the boy reported his sisters were taken Sunday afternoon by six masked individuals, one wielding a gun. A search ensued and surveillance tape at the site the girls were supposedly abducted from was reviewed, but the boy eventually confessed no kidnapping took place.
His name has not been released because he is a juvenile. He's been charged with making a false report.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs