|Published:||Jul 30, 2012 2:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2012 9:05 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The injured woman discovered in Bonita Springs Monday morning has been identified as 30-year-old Maricela Martinez.
The victim is recovering, but does not remember what caused her injuries. The investigation into the incident continues.
ORIGINAL REPORT: On Monday at 5:36 a.m., deputies were dispatched to Old 41 Road just south of Bonita Beach Road (near the entrance to the Naples Fort Myers Greyhound Track). There they observed a woman unconscious on the side of the road. The woman was airlifted to the hospital.
Detectives are trying to determine the identity of the woman and how she ended up unconscious along the side of the road. They are hoping someone may be able to help identify her.
The woman is Hispanic and approximately 30 years old. She is approximately 5 feet 2 inches tall and 180 pounds with dark auburn hair. She was wearing blue jeans with a black t-shirt and white tennis shoes. She also has dark green painted finger nails and toe nails.
If you know the woman's identity or anything about how she ended up on the side of Old 41, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000, call the sheriff's office at 1-800-780-TIPS. Anonymous tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit