|Published:||Jul 30, 2012 10:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2012 10:18 AM EDT|
CONCH KEY, Fla. (AP) - Deputies in the Florida Keys say a 62-year-old woman known as "the sea hag" fatally shot a 64-year-old man who refused to give her a beer.
When deputies arrived Sunday night Carolyn Dukeshire and a witness were waiting on them. Paramedics assisted Martin Mazur who died later at Fisherman's Hospital.
Thirty-year-old Casey Whippo told deputies Mazur was in a group of people who had just returned from dinner at the Brass Monkey in Marathon. They were sitting outside drinking beer when Dukeshire walked up and asked for a beer. When Mazur refused to give her one, she shot him five times in the abdomen, back and wrist.
Whippo told deputies he grabbed Dukeshire, told her she couldn't leave and called 911.
No attorney was listed on Dukeshire's jail record.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL