|Published:||Jul 30, 2012 6:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2012 6:11 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office was called to 8364 Roosevelt Street in Englewood this afternoon at 2:46 p.m. following a domestic situation in the home. The 25-year-old man reportedly had guns in the house and was by himself. The SWAT team and Negotiations Team were called in, roads were blocked off around the area, and residents were notified.
At 5:43 p.m. after talking with the man, he came out and was taken into custody; there were no injuries. Major Crimes Unit detectives are continuing their investigation and no other details will be released until Tuesday morning.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident