|Published:||Jul 30, 2012 6:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2012 6:11 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office was called to 8364 Roosevelt Street in Englewood this afternoon at 2:46 p.m. following a domestic situation in the home. The 25-year-old man reportedly had guns in the house and was by himself. The SWAT team and Negotiations Team were called in, roads were blocked off around the area, and residents were notified.
At 5:43 p.m. after talking with the man, he came out and was taken into custody; there were no injuries. Major Crimes Unit detectives are continuing their investigation and no other details will be released until Tuesday morning.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified