|Published:||Jul 30, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2012 6:20 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - A boat powered by solar cells is journeying through Florida and the east coast of the U.S. to promote solar power.
The Ra will stop in the Fort Myers area Monday as part of its 6,600-mile journey before traveling up the Caloosahatchee to Lake Okeechobee and then on to the east coast of the United States.
Boat Capt. Jim Greer to the Fort Myers News-Press (http://newspr.es/MUWX58 ) anyone interested in solar power is invited to view the trimaran.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers