|Published:||Jul 30, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2012 6:20 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - A boat powered by solar cells is journeying through Florida and the east coast of the U.S. to promote solar power.
The Ra will stop in the Fort Myers area Monday as part of its 6,600-mile journey before traveling up the Caloosahatchee to Lake Okeechobee and then on to the east coast of the United States.
Boat Capt. Jim Greer to the Fort Myers News-Press (http://newspr.es/MUWX58 ) anyone interested in solar power is invited to view the trimaran.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Communications satellite launched into space