|Published:||Jul 29, 2012 5:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2012 5:19 PM EDT|
TAMARAC, Fla. (AP) - An autopsy is being done on the body of an elderly man found floating in a Broward County canal.
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating the circumstances that led up to the apparent drowning. Authorities say the body of 75-year-old Brian Eccles was discovered floating in the canal behind his duplex Saturday morning in Tamarac.
Investigators say he lived alone and believe he may have accidentally fallen into the canal. They do not suspect foul play.
The Broward Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy to officially determine the cause and manner of death.
- Man allegedly shoots at family, barricades himself in house
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News