|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 2:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 2:54 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A new website, allegedly launched by the parents of Trayvon Martin's shooter George Zimmerman, is soliciting donations to aide in the couple's living expenses.
Robert and Gladys Zimmerman left their central Florida home amid threats and public outcry after their son George Zimmerman's shooting of the unarmed black teenager in February.
Robert and his wife have remained in hiding, except for an appearance at his son's bond hearing last month. A lengthy letter posted on the website's homepage details how the family's difficult circumstances have increased since the shooting.
George Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and also remains hidden since posting $1 million bond. He also re-launched a website soliciting donations for his defense.
Messages left with his attorney weren't immediately returned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static