|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 4:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 5:54 PM EDT|
SAN CARLOS PARK, Fla.- A San Carlos Park woman is using an unusual method to get her stolen cat back. She's using a bed sheet and some spray paint to send a message to the thieves.
"It should be 'Sheltering Crime' instead of 'Sheltering Pines'," said Sheila Garcilazo, the victim of this senseless crime.
Shelia Garcilazo has had it. She's spreading the message with a bed sheet and spray paint.
"All I want to do is get my cat back. I don't care about my stuff. None of it matters. It's just things," she said.
Garcilazo lives along Unique Circle in San Carlos Park but she says crime has become too common.
"It's one after another after another. I don't care about my things. Makes no difference. They've taken everything," said Garcilazo.
The third break in happened on Thursday. Garcilazo put up a sign, offering a cash reward for the return of her beloved blind cat BeBe who went missing after the burglary.
"He's amazing and he's really sweet. And he's going to die out here," she said.
Neighbors are taking notice but the reaction hasn't been all positive.
"One of the neighbors went by and she laughed. She thought it was funny. I don't see any funniness to it. I live here and now I'm afraid my house is going to get broken into," said Michaela McNier.
McNeir is on the home owner's assocation committee and says the neighborhood has become a nightmare.
"Everybody around here should be afraid," she said.
Garcilazo is worried there will be retaliation for the sign and her call to action but she says, BeBe is worth it.
"Since I moved in, it's been bad. And it's getting worse. It's disgusting in here," she said.
Deputies canvassed the neighborhood and dusted for fingerprints after the break in but according to the report, they both didn't lead to any clues.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash