|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 11:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 11:05 AM EDT|
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - Two teenagers suspected of stealing electronics, firearms and jewelry were stopped by police because of a traffic infraction - they had a 10-month-old baby girl in the front seat.
Sunrise police say they had been tipped off that 18-year-old Hancy Laudny and 19-year-old Demoy Roper were in a Hyundai SUV when they were stopped on July 18. They remained in the Broward County Jail early Friday, where they're being held without bond on multiple charges.
Police say Laudny is a convicted felon and Roper is on probation. They were traveling with a friend's baby.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel (http://sunsent.nl/QmqsBY ) reports the pair told police about four burglaries and five stolen firearms. They are also accused of taking items valued at more than $15,000.
Information from: South Florida Sun Sentinel, http://www.sun sentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids