|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 6:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 6:23 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The wife of Trayvon Martin's shooter has entered a written plea of not guilty on a perjury charge.
Shellie Zimmerman will be arraigned Tuesday in central Florida after a judge said she lied about her and husband George Zimmerman's finances during a bond hearing.
Shellie Zimmerman was arrested June 12 and released on bond the same day.
Her attorney Kelly Sims entered the plea Friday and also waived Zimmerman's right to appear in court.
George Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in Martin's shooting. He was initially granted $150,000 bond and released. But a judge revoked that bond last month after state attorneys argued that Zimmerman and his wife lied about money raised from a website.
He has since been freed on a new $1 million bond.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing