|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 11:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 11:06 AM EDT|
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida high school football player was shot and killed just days before heading to college where he had a full-ride scholarship.
Miami Gardens police say 18-year-old Paul "P.J." Royal was the victim of street shooting on Tuesday while he sat in his car parked in front of a friend's house. They say the two gunmen wore ski masks and ran away after the shooting.
Royal was a linebacker for Carol City High School and was planning to attend Edward Waters College in Jacksonville.
Latoya Perry says she took her nephew shopping for college supplies the day before his death. His parents told The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/QNlMDZ ) they were "too hurt to speak."
Later Tuesday police say 26-year-old Heather Young was gunned down a few blocks away.
Police are investigating.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting