LEE COUNTY, FL - Jon Godfrey was steps away from Nick Rainey when an angry homeowner opened fire on his friend. Up until that point it had been a normal day of food deliveries and knocking on doors to drum up new business for the meat and seafood company they worked for. Godfrey says Nick had knocked on the door of Kenneth Roop, but there was no answer so Nick began to walk down the driveway. Suddenly Roop arrived home and from his car, confronted Nick. That's when Godfrey says the situation quickly escalated out of control. According to witnesses, Roop asked Rainey what he was doing in his driveway. Then shots rang out. Godfrey says he can't believe his friend and co-worker is gone. He says the event continues to play over and over in his head.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man
- Long-term care Medicaid patients start enrolling