|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 11:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 11:13 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 28-year-old woman faces child neglect charges after police say she left her 3-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son in her pickup truck while she visited a Tampa strip club.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/LREWXz ) reports Brandi Jo Roman was arrested after Tampa police were alerted that the children were inside a vehicle parked outside Mons Venus.
Officers say they found Roman was near inside the club. Her speech was slurred and she showed signs of intoxication.
The newspaper reports club owner Joe Redner says Roman inquired about the club's entrance fee. When she went to the truck to get money a customer saw the children and told the manager. The manager let the woman in and encouraged the customer to notify police.
The Department of Children and Families took both children.
Information from: The Tampa Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified