|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 11:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 11:13 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 28-year-old woman faces child neglect charges after police say she left her 3-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son in her pickup truck while she visited a Tampa strip club.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/LREWXz ) reports Brandi Jo Roman was arrested after Tampa police were alerted that the children were inside a vehicle parked outside Mons Venus.
Officers say they found Roman was near inside the club. Her speech was slurred and she showed signs of intoxication.
The newspaper reports club owner Joe Redner says Roman inquired about the club's entrance fee. When she went to the truck to get money a customer saw the children and told the manager. The manager let the woman in and encouraged the customer to notify police.
The Department of Children and Families took both children.
Information from: The Tampa Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Disabled kids in nursing homes suit consolidated