|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 12:39 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The Magic City is turning 116.
The city of Miami is throwing a bash Saturday to celebrate. Miami was incorporated as a city in 1896 and is one of the few municipalities in the nation established by a woman. Julia Tuttle is known as the mother of Miami.
Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado and other city officials will be on hand for the celebration, which will include celebrity DJs, food tastings and the Brickell Art Walk. LA Sweets will distribute 2,000 cupcakes.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting