|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 12:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 12:48 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Just two days after being taken down by U.S. Marshals on suspicion he robbed an East Naples bank, Wakim Stewart, 37, faces three new felonies in connection with a recent shooting in Immokalee.
The Seminole Police Department is filing the latest charges which include attempted murder of a law enforcement officer.
Monday morning Stewart was stopped by an officer on a county road in front of the reservation, according to Captain Sean Norton. Stewart got off without a ticket, but officers say he became "belligerent," when he made threats he would kill the officers. Later that day, they say, he came back for revenge.
Captain Norton tells WINK News an officer was arranging equipment inside the station when bullets flew through the wall, mere inches from him. Surveillance cameras caught Stewart driving through the parking lot and firing several shots into the building.
U.S. Marshals arrested Stewart at the Lanai Kai on Fort Myers Beach Wednesday, for allegedly robbing a Bank of America in East Naples. That robbery was part of what deputies describe as a two-day crime spree across Collier County.
Stewart remains in the Lee County jail. He will have to face his charges, stemming from his arrest at Lani Kai, before he's transferred to Collier County.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent