ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says two teens died in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 95 near Ormond Beach.
The crash happened late Thursday as the vehicles traveled south on I-95 in Volusia County.
Troopers say the 18-year-old driver of a pickup truck died. His name has not been released.
Also killed was 18-year-old passenger Meredith Smith. Authorities say another passenger in the truck, 20-year-old Tuesday Coulter, was seriously injured.
Two other drivers were critically injured in the crash. They were identified as 22-year-old Louis Nicholas Prinzo and 30-year-old Doron Nirel Lyn.
FHP says portions of I-95 were shut down for about six hours while they investigated.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots