|Published:||Jul 27, 2012 11:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2012 11:01 AM EDT|
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says two teens died in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 95 near Ormond Beach.
The crash happened late Thursday as the vehicles traveled south on I-95 in Volusia County.
Troopers say the 18-year-old driver of a pickup truck died. His name has not been released.
Also killed was 18-year-old passenger Meredith Smith. Authorities say another passenger in the truck, 20-year-old Tuesday Coulter, was seriously injured.
Two other drivers were critically injured in the crash. They were identified as 22-year-old Louis Nicholas Prinzo and 30-year-old Doron Nirel Lyn.
FHP says portions of I-95 were shut down for about six hours while they investigated.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Landlord accused in lead paint case