|Published:||Jul 26, 2012 10:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 26, 2012 10:08 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man fatally shot a door-to-door salesman in a southwest Florida neighborhood.
The shooting happened Wednesday afternoon as 30-year-old Nicholas Rainey was selling frozen lobster tails and steaks. Cape Coral police arrested 52-year-old Kenneth Bailey Roop. He's facing second-degree murder charges.
The Fort Myers News-Press (http://newspr.es/MnvcBj ) reports neighbor Gene Snyder heard the gunshots and went to help the victim, who was on the ground in front of the home.
Snyder says he heard someone in the garage say he would "kill everybody or shoot everybody."
That's when an off-duty Collier County corrections deputy showed up and ordered Roop to the ground.
Cape Coral police officers arrived and arrested Roop.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The News-Press, http://www.news-press.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776