|Published:||Jul 26, 2012 12:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 26, 2012 4:10 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A Cape Coral man now faces 2nd degree murder charges after he allegedly shot a meat delivery man his driveway. Cape Coral Police arrested 52 year old Kennth Roop for shooting and killing 30 year old Nicholas Rainey outside the home at 1815 SW 30th Terrace.
Cape Police responded to multiple calls about a man shot in a driveway on SW 30th Terrace around 5:00 Wednesday, July 25. When police arrived on scene, they found Rainey in the driveway, dead from multiple gun shot wounds.
Rainey was a door to door meat salesman working in the neighborhood for Blue Ribbon Steak and Seafood. After questioning neighbors and witnesses, investigators determined some type of altercation had occured between Roop and Rainey outside Roop's home. Police say that's when shots were fired and Rainey died at the scene.
Police questioned Roop at headquarters and then arrested him on a charge of 2nd degree murder and booked him into the Lee County jail.
In a news conference late Wednesday night, CCPD Lieutenant Tony Sizemore said "The Cape Coral Police Department grieves with the Rainey family at this time. Our number one priority now is to partner with our colleagues at the State Attorney's Office for a successful prosecution and to bring justice to the victim and his family."
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.