ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The wife of Trayvon Martin's shooter is set to be arraigned next week in central Florida on one count of perjury after a judge said she lied about her and husband George Zimmerman's finances during a bond hearing.
The arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday. Shellie Zimmerman was arrested and charged June 12 and released the same day after posting bond.
Her appearance notice does not list an attorney. George Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in Martin's shooting. He was initially granted $150,000 bond and released.
The judge in his case revoked that bond last month after state attorneys argued that both Zimmerman and his wife had lied about money raised from a website. He has since been freed again on a new $1 million bond.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Locked mystery safe found in Charlotte Harbor area
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- CCSO arrests 3, seizes 122 marijuana plants in bust
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- Turks & Caicos officials drop charges against 2 US tourists
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- State regulators suspend Lee County doctor's license
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve