|Published:||Jul 25, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - During the lean years, hip-hip, pop star Pitbull joked to a Miami Subs restaurant manager that one day he would own the place.
Now he does, or part of it. Pitbull, AKA Armando Christian Perez, announced this week he is helping revive the once ubiquitous South Florida chain under the name of The New Miami Subs Grill.
The Miami-based artist said Tuesday he has bought a significant share in the company. The original chain reached its heyday in the early 1990s. But it languished after founder Gus Boulis sold the company. Boulis was also a casino boat owner and was murdered in 2001.
The new company is Fort Lauderdale-based. It is already planning to open its first Latin American restaurants in Guyana.
Pitbul. already has his own vodka line.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pod of whales beach themselves along Everglades shore
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Officials lift Martin County dengue fever advisory
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Fla. man pleads not guilty in Facebook killing