ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Federal aviation authorities are investigating a helicopter crash in Pinellas County, although no one was injured.
A sheriff's office statement says 60-year-old Wayne Parker was trying to move the two-seater helicopter he had parked at his business Tuesday evening when he lost a tail rotor and spun, crashing into a fence. Parker was not injured.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating. Fire officials say no fuel was spilled and there was no fire at the crash site.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th