|Published:||Jul 25, 2012 2:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2012 2:46 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- Three Naples men are under arrest after being accused of staging a traffic accident, to cash in on insurance claims.
Johnson Safaite, Li Franc Safaite and Ronald Samedifede told Collier County Sheriff's deputies they were rear-ended on Airport-Pulling Road back in January.
Physical evidence taken after the crash showed no damage to the car they were in. The driver they say hit them insisted the men were lying.
The three men, plus another passenger, all sought medical treatment after the crash, totaling insurance claims of over $10,000.
All three were booked at the Naples Jail on fraud charges.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme