|Published:||Jul 25, 2012 2:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2012 2:46 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- Three Naples men are under arrest after being accused of staging a traffic accident, to cash in on insurance claims.
Johnson Safaite, Li Franc Safaite and Ronald Samedifede told Collier County Sheriff's deputies they were rear-ended on Airport-Pulling Road back in January.
Physical evidence taken after the crash showed no damage to the car they were in. The driver they say hit them insisted the men were lying.
The three men, plus another passenger, all sought medical treatment after the crash, totaling insurance claims of over $10,000.
All three were booked at the Naples Jail on fraud charges.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound