|Published:||Jul 25, 2012 12:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2012 12:05 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is searching for the suspect who robbed a woman at gunpoint on Bass Rd. Monday evening.
The victim left an office on Bass Rd. at roughly 6:30 p.m. and noticed a man sitting in a running, white truck, possibly a Ford, parked four spaces away from her own vehicle. The victim looked down to unlock her car by remote, and when she looked up, the man who had been sitting in the truck was now standing before her, aiming a silver gun at her. She was asked for her wallet and purse, which she handed over as the suspect fled.
The victim described the suspect as being an estimated 6-feet-tall, weighing roughly 180 pounds and having short, gray hair. She told deputies that the suspect had some facial hair on the lower part of his face.
If you have any information about this incident, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one