|Published:||Jul 25, 2012 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2012 4:29 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Former Gov. Jeb Bush believes Marco Rubio is ready to be vice president.
Bush said during an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday that he pitched Rubio to presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney as a running mate.
He said, though, that it was a personal decision for Romney to make and he has no idea who the former Massachusetts governor will pick to join him on the ticket.
Bush also criticized President Barack Obama, saying that he is deliberately dividing the country as a campaign tactic.
Bush pointed to illegal immigration as an example, saying Obama could have addressed the issue during his first two years in office when Democrats controlled the House and Senate, adding it would have been easier to pass than the health care overhaul.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility