|Published:||Jul 24, 2012 3:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2012 3:01 PM EDT|
TAMARAC, Fla. (AP) - A sailor from South Florida has been killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense said Tuesday that Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael J. Brodsky of Tamarac died Saturday in Afghanistan's Kandahar Province.
Officials say the 33-year-old sailor died from injuries caused by a blast from a dismounted improvised explosive device.
Brodsky was assigned to Navy Region Southwest Security Detachment, San Diego.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve