|Published:||Jul 23, 2012 11:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 23, 2012 1:04 PM EDT|
The end of summer is quickly approaching, but that doesn't mean your kid's appetite for summer activities will wain anytime soon. In today's Travel and Tourism, we look at some family friendly activities our local tourist attractions have to offer.
Southwest Florida now has its first roller coaster at Zoomers Family Fun Park. This 18-acre facility opened in Fort Myers in June. The games and rides here are attracting not only kids, but kids at heart.
One of our most famous family attractions turns 75 this year. Along with its traditions, the Shell Factory and Nature Park is always adding something new, especially to its petting zoo. There's miniature golf, bumper boats, and kid friendly restaurants. It can take hours to look at the thousands of shells and all of the things made out of shells.
Since its recent name change, the Imaginarium Science Center has been entertaining more teens.
The museum still draws younger aged children with things like the interactive dinosaur exhibit and the storm simulators.
All this is a great alternative for days the sun isn't shining at our number one tourist attraction…our beaches! There are special discounts this time of year, like the combo ticket for the Imaginarium and the Southwest Florida Historical Museum. for more information on kid friendly attractions, log onto www.fortmyerssanibel.com and click on attractions.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.