|Published:||Jul 23, 2012 10:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 23, 2012 10:47 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fl. - Parents break down talking about their son murdered while working for the family restaurant. His parents spoke with WINK News though a translator and they say they want to make sure that justice is served and those responsible are put behind bars.
"They feel really upset because they miss their son every second of every day."
The Huangs say they are angry and disappointed that the two teens police say gunned down 23-year-old Zhi Wie Huang are free.
"They thought they needed to be punished... they need to be held responsible for what they have done."
On June 28th, Zhi Wie Huang delivered food to the Leonard family's home in the Westchase Apartments. That's when he was shot to death. His family tells WINK News they had to identify his body later at the hospital.
"His parents would like to use everything to get his life back. He was very nice to everybody, everybody in the family loved him, he was very nice to customers."
Following an investigation poice arrested Eddie Leonard and Dejarion Stewart. But on Friday, a Lee County grand jury decided there was not enough evidence to charge either of the teenagers, leaving Zhi Wie Huang's parents scared and fighting for their son's justice.
"If the two teens walk away from the punishment the whole society will not be safe anymore... They want them to be honest and they really want the police department to find the evidence."
After the grand jury's decision, Fort Myers Police Chief Doug Baker told WINK News he hopes to uncover more evidence to make a secondary arrest in this case.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space