|Published:||Jul 23, 2012 10:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 23, 2012 10:57 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The man accused of a string of violent crimes committed in in three jurisdictions in Lee County back in June has plead not guilty. Antonio Thomas was not in court when his public defender made the announcement Monday morning.
The 29-year-old faces a total of 14 charges including murder, kidnapping, robbery (carjacking), grand theft, and sexual assault. Prosecutors say that Thomas admitted to the crimes.
Sheriff Mike Scott called Thomas an "extremely violent individual who terrorized the community."
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays