|Published:||Jul 23, 2012 3:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 23, 2012 3:38 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- An accident on Slater Rd., just north of Suwannee Dr., on Saturday evening claimed the life of a 40-year-old Fort Myers man.
Edward Hutto Jr. lost control of his vehicle, crossed the center lane divider, drove off the shoulder of the road and collided with an electric pole, according to the FHP report. Though Hutto was wearing his seatbelt, he was transported to Lee Memorial and pronounced dead at 11:52 p.m.
No other vehicles were involved.
Officers are still investigating why Hutto lost control of the vehicle. If anyone has information regarding this crash, they are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star