DADE CITY, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says four people were killed on U.S. 41 in Pasco County when one car attempting to pass another hit a third car in the oncoming lane.
The patrol said in a news release it happened about 5:45 p.m. Sunday on U.S. 41 at Parsley Lane.
A Volkswagen driven by a 60-year-old Tampa woman attempted to pass a Toyota in a light rain, but spun out of control. It slammed into an oncoming Ford driven by 42-year-old Joe Wayne McBroom of Hudson, according to the patrol. Both drivers were killed, as were two passengers in the Volkswagen. A third passenger in the Volkswagen was airlifted to a hospital with serious injuries.
The Patrol did not immediately release the names of those killed, other than McBroom.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs