|Published:||Jul 23, 2012 10:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 23, 2012 10:38 AM EDT|
DADE CITY, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says four people were killed on U.S. 41 in Pasco County when one car attempting to pass another hit a third car in the oncoming lane.
The patrol said in a news release it happened about 5:45 p.m. Sunday on U.S. 41 at Parsley Lane.
A Volkswagen driven by a 60-year-old Tampa woman attempted to pass a Toyota in a light rain, but spun out of control. It slammed into an oncoming Ford driven by 42-year-old Joe Wayne McBroom of Hudson, according to the patrol. Both drivers were killed, as were two passengers in the Volkswagen. A third passenger in the Volkswagen was airlifted to a hospital with serious injuries.
The Patrol did not immediately release the names of those killed, other than McBroom.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti