|Published:||Jul 20, 2012 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2012 5:29 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The judge in the trial against 39-year-old Pedro Aguilar Lopez, has declared a mistrial after the jury reported it was deadlocked.
Lopez' Fort Myers home was raided in the fall of 2010 after an undercover investigation by the Lee County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies say the investigation showed Lopez was not only selling drugs, but was conducting illegal cockfighting on the property.
Investigators say a large number of roosters were found on the property and items consistent with cockfighting.
A new trial date has been set for August 20.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer