|Published:||Jul 20, 2012 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2012 5:29 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The judge in the trial against 39-year-old Pedro Aguilar Lopez, has declared a mistrial after the jury reported it was deadlocked.
Lopez' Fort Myers home was raided in the fall of 2010 after an undercover investigation by the Lee County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies say the investigation showed Lopez was not only selling drugs, but was conducting illegal cockfighting on the property.
Investigators say a large number of roosters were found on the property and items consistent with cockfighting.
A new trial date has been set for August 20.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash