|Published:||Jul 20, 2012 12:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2012 9:55 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- President Obama’s Grassroots Tour will be held at Harborside Event Center this Friday. Although not all of the details have been released by the Secret Service at this time, we know there will be no parking in the areas shown in gray on the map.
On Friday, at 12:00 a.m., the Fort Myers Police Department will begin prohibiting parking on Hendry Street between S.R. 82 and Edwards Drive, on Bay Street between Hendry and Dean streets, and on Edwards Drive between Monroe and Hendry streets. The Downtown will be open for business. The Zip Zone will function as normal—free parking for a total of 2 hours per day anywhere in the Zip Zone. Short-term parking is also available in the City Hall lot (2-hour meters).
For parking needs greater than 2 hours, the City suggests parking in the Main Street Garage, or along Royal Palm Avenue, Lee Street south of First Street, and Jackson Street south of Second Street. (Hang tags will be valid at any 10 hour meter.)
Parking in the City of Palms garage will be restricted to people attending the President Obama’s Grassroots Tour. The cost to park in the garage will be $4 and they will be required to show a ticket to the event. The City of Palms garage will be opened to the public once the event has ended, which is anticipated to be around 3:00 p.m.
The Centennial Park boat ramp will be closed to boat traffic from 5:00 a.m. to approximately 3:00 p.m.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit