|Published:||Jul 19, 2012 11:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2012 3:19 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A 29-year-old Homestead woman is facing drug trafficking charges after she allegedly purchased hundreds of Oxycodone tablets from an undercover officer on Wednesday.
Anna Elisa Mancias is accused of buying 800 pills with the intent on smuggling them into the Dade Correctional Institution.
According to the Collier County Sheriff's Office, Mancias met with the officers at 6:45 p.m., took possession of the pills and also received $880 as a fee for the job.
Mancias was then arrested and charged with trafficking in a controlled substance; opium derivative.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center