|Published:||Jul 19, 2012 1:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2012 1:31 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The victim in the July 10th shooting on Breeze Drive has died and the incident is now a homicide investigation. The has been identified as 27-year-old Steven Riggs.
On July 10, at 5:04 a.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call in reference to a shooting in the Suncoast Estates neighborhood of North Fort Myers.
Deputies responded to 8190 Breeze Drive and located Riggs on the ground outside of the residence. A witness at the scene told deputies a black male wearing a white shirt and red pants had fled the scene. The Riggs was transported to the hospital via trauma alert where he was listed in critical condition.
Deputies established a perimeter and K-9 and Aviation units responded to the scene, but the subject was not located.
Detectives were told it appears the victim and the suspect knew each other and were in an argument in the driveway just before the shooting occurred.
Detectives are still attempting to identify the black male and would like to speak with anyone with any information on his identity or this shooting.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to contact the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 239-477-1000, or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD. Original Release:Suncoast Estates Shooting Investigation Underway Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Funds cut Fla disability service wait list in half