|Published:||Jul 19, 2012 10:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2012 10:33 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The city of St. Petersburg has set up rules for an event zone during the Republican National Convention that will create a parade route and prohibit certain weapons and masks.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Ni61UK) reports that the temporary rules will be voted on by the City Council on Aug. 2.
If approved, the event zone rules will be in place between Aug. 26 and Sept. 1.
The ordinance mirrors legislation Tampa adopted in May. The convention is being held in downtown Tampa but St. Petersburg - located across Tampa Bay - will also host events and parties.
Some items prohibited in the public viewing area and parade route include weapons, aerosol cans, coolers, camping gear, fireworks, bottles, cans and thermoses.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school