|Published:||Jul 19, 2012 10:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2012 10:09 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say five masked home invaders fatally shot a 50-year-old man in east Orange County.
The attackers kicked in the door to a home in the Union Park neighborhood around 4 a.m. Wednesday and pistol-whipped the man's teenage son.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/MKTX8C ) reports the teen called 911 after the invaders shot John Brennan. The teen and his mother were treated and released from a hospital after the shooting.
Orange County Sheriff's officials say invaders broke in with the intent of robbing the family. An investigation continues but no further details were immediately available.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school