ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say five masked home invaders fatally shot a 50-year-old man in east Orange County.
The attackers kicked in the door to a home in the Union Park neighborhood around 4 a.m. Wednesday and pistol-whipped the man's teenage son.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/MKTX8C ) reports the teen called 911 after the invaders shot John Brennan. The teen and his mother were treated and released from a hospital after the shooting.
Orange County Sheriff's officials say invaders broke in with the intent of robbing the family. An investigation continues but no further details were immediately available.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th