|Published:||Jul 19, 2012 4:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2012 4:59 PM EDT|
DOVER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Tampa Bay area man and woman were killed when a pickup ran into their motorcycle.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that the motorcycle went through a red light at a Hillsborough County early Thursday morning. The truck hit the bike's right side, sending the two people onto the shoulder of the road and into a traffic control box.
FHP says the impact was so great that it cut power off to the traffic signals. The man, who was driving, and the woman were both pronounced dead at the scene. Neither was wearing a helmet. Their names weren't immediately released.
The pickup driver and a passenger suffered minor injuries. FHP says the pickup had the green light, and no charges have been reported.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train