|Published:||Jul 19, 2012 4:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2012 4:59 PM EDT|
DOVER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Tampa Bay area man and woman were killed when a pickup ran into their motorcycle.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that the motorcycle went through a red light at a Hillsborough County early Thursday morning. The truck hit the bike's right side, sending the two people onto the shoulder of the road and into a traffic control box.
FHP says the impact was so great that it cut power off to the traffic signals. The man, who was driving, and the woman were both pronounced dead at the scene. Neither was wearing a helmet. Their names weren't immediately released.
The pickup driver and a passenger suffered minor injuries. FHP says the pickup had the green light, and no charges have been reported.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms