|Published:||Jul 19, 2012 4:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2012 4:59 PM EDT|
DOVER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Tampa Bay area man and woman were killed when a pickup ran into their motorcycle.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that the motorcycle went through a red light at a Hillsborough County early Thursday morning. The truck hit the bike's right side, sending the two people onto the shoulder of the road and into a traffic control box.
FHP says the impact was so great that it cut power off to the traffic signals. The man, who was driving, and the woman were both pronounced dead at the scene. Neither was wearing a helmet. Their names weren't immediately released.
The pickup driver and a passenger suffered minor injuries. FHP says the pickup had the green light, and no charges have been reported.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral