FORT MYERS, FL - Jury selection is underway in what investigators described as Florida's largest cockfighting operation. In 2010, Pedro Lopez and William Roman after a tip that fighting roosters were being bred and raised on property where both men lived. Investigators found more than 600 birds and items used in cockfighting. In September of 2011, Roman plead no contest to the charges he was facing. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 3 years of probation. Lopez' trial is expected to continue on Wednesday.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.