|Published:||Jul 18, 2012 10:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2012 10:35 AM EDT|
VENICE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 14-year-old southwest Florida boy accidentally shot a 12-year-old boy in the leg.
Venice police the older boy was showing off a .22-caliber gun Monday morning when he accidentally shot his friend.
The Herald-Tribune in Sarasota (http://bit.ly/LqgWFW ) reports that the younger boy was taken to a nearby hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Coyote sightings on the rise in Sanibel
- FMPD arrests teen on stolen gun charge
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Last person arrested in Lee Co. School District check scam