|Published:||Jul 18, 2012 10:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2012 10:35 AM EDT|
VENICE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 14-year-old southwest Florida boy accidentally shot a 12-year-old boy in the leg.
Venice police the older boy was showing off a .22-caliber gun Monday morning when he accidentally shot his friend.
The Herald-Tribune in Sarasota (http://bit.ly/LqgWFW ) reports that the younger boy was taken to a nearby hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids