|Published:||Jul 18, 2012 11:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2012 11:05 AM EDT|
KATHLEEN, Fla. (AP) - A 4-year-old child was found dead in a home that burned in Polk County.
The child was found Wednesday. Emergency officials say the child's father was also injured and airlifted to Tampa General Hospital.
According to officials, the fire in the mobile home was first reported about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters are still on the scene.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Hillsborough County approves incentives for Amazon
- Some adult arcades still open after ban