|Published:||Jul 18, 2012 11:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2012 11:05 AM EDT|
KATHLEEN, Fla. (AP) - A 4-year-old child was found dead in a home that burned in Polk County.
The child was found Wednesday. Emergency officials say the child's father was also injured and airlifted to Tampa General Hospital.
According to officials, the fire in the mobile home was first reported about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters are still on the scene.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex