|Published:||Jul 18, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - One teenage girl died and another was hospitalized after a tubing accident in the intercoastal waterway near Tampa Bay.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office reports that 15-year-old Deviny Boese and 16-year-old Sarah Dobbs were riding on a tube being pulled by a fishing boat Tuesday afternoon when the boat's driver, a 15-year-old boy, attempted to turn. The tube carrying the girls hit a nearby dock, ejecting the girls.
Authorities say the driver stayed with the girls, while another teenage boy who had been riding on the boat went to tell their parents.
Boese was taken to a St. Petersburg hospital, where she died. Dobbs was taken to another hospital with an ankle injury.
Authorities say the teens didn't have permission to take the boat.
The investigation is ongoing.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500
- Yankee Candle recalls product due to risk of fire
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache