|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 2:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 6:44 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The President's campaign staff is actively searching for the right spot for his Friday visit to Fort Myers, including area schools.
Monday, the team visited Estero High School.
Principal George Clover received a text message late Sunday night that the staff wanted to consider the site. The visit lasted only 30 minutes.
The Obama campaign staff is looking for a gym-like atmosphere, but the timing wasn't right for Estero High School, due to remodeling at the school. The staff is considering other schools that are close to the airport.
Alico and Germain Arenas are too big, according to campaign staff. They have utilized the Harborside Convention Center in the past.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Crash on Westgate Blvd. injures 3
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- New Lee superintendent to make $169,000 her first year
- Zombies to unite at Bell Tower for a good cause
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate