|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 1:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 1:27 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County deputies were called to investigate a deceased person in pool on South Lake Circle in Fort Myers on Monday afternoon. The man was identified as 78-year-old James Hoy.
The complainants had found the man face down and unresponsive in his swimming pool.
Hoy appeared to have fallen from a ten foot, home made, scaffolding while trying to repair his pool screen.
Hoy's doctor in Illinois was called and said that Hoy suffered from coronary artery disease. He also had a stint installed in his heart in 2010, but had been doing well since the operation.
Hoy was transported to the Medical Examiner's Office for final examination.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Police search for shooting suspect