|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 1:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 5:14 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Deputy Patrick Milosevic was terminated from the Lee County Sheriff's Office on July 10, following an investigation stemming from a DUI arrest in May.
After a two-month-long investigation, it was determined that Milosevic violated the LCSO policy by driving a marked car in a reckless manner, failing to report a traffic accident and subsequently being arrested for DUI. Milosevic also admitted to taking medication that he did not have a prescription for.
Milosevic was placed under arrest for driving under the influence on May 9th, after multiple witnesses called 911, reporting a patrol vehicle driving erratically on Bayshore Rd. in North Fort Myers.
At least four witnesses accused the deputy of swerving, driving 20 miles under the speed limit and stopping in the middle of an intersection.
Milosevic was arrested and placed on administrative leave with pay, until his termination on July 10th.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- LCSO investigates shots fired in Gateway
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News