|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 1:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 5:14 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Deputy Patrick Milosevic was terminated from the Lee County Sheriff's Office on July 10, following an investigation stemming from a DUI arrest in May.
After a two-month-long investigation, it was determined that Milosevic violated the LCSO policy by driving a marked car in a reckless manner, failing to report a traffic accident and subsequently being arrested for DUI. Milosevic also admitted to taking medication that he did not have a prescription for.
Milosevic was placed under arrest for driving under the influence on May 9th, after multiple witnesses called 911, reporting a patrol vehicle driving erratically on Bayshore Rd. in North Fort Myers.
At least four witnesses accused the deputy of swerving, driving 20 miles under the speed limit and stopping in the middle of an intersection.
Milosevic was arrested and placed on administrative leave with pay, until his termination on July 10th.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges