|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 11:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 11:11 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A South Florida woman gave birth in her car on the side of Interstate 95.
Authorities say the woman and her husband stopped along I-95 near the Golden Glades Interchange near Miami about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday when she went into labor.
The husband called 911, but the baby arrived before a Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crew got there.
Fire rescue spokesman Wayne Sparks says they cut the cord and took the baby and mother to Memorial Regional Hospital in nearby Hollywood.
Officials did not release the names of the couple and there was no word on whether the baby was a boy or a girl.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Cape Coral arrested for child neglect
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Disabled kids in nursing homes suit consolidated