MIAMI (AP) - A South Florida woman gave birth in her car on the side of Interstate 95.
Authorities say the woman and her husband stopped along I-95 near the Golden Glades Interchange near Miami about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday when she went into labor.
The husband called 911, but the baby arrived before a Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crew got there.
Fire rescue spokesman Wayne Sparks says they cut the cord and took the baby and mother to Memorial Regional Hospital in nearby Hollywood.
Officials did not release the names of the couple and there was no word on whether the baby was a boy or a girl.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Recent LCSO arrest totals 3 deputies handcuffed since April
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America