|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 5:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 5:41 PM EDT|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say two people were killed and two others were injured in central Florida when one vehicle went into an oncoming lane and crashed into another.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 37-year-old Alexander Herrera was driving on an Osceola County road Monday afternoon when he lost control of his car and when into the path of 50-year-old Wade Neely's car. Neely's car hit the right side of Herrera's car.
Herrera and his passenger, 38-year-old Misael Alonso, died at the scene. Neely was taken to an Orlando hospital in critical condition. His passenger, 50-year-old Brenda Neely, was listed in serious condition.
Troopers are still investigating what caused Herrera to lose control of his car.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm