|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 5:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 5:41 PM EDT|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say two people were killed and two others were injured in central Florida when one vehicle went into an oncoming lane and crashed into another.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 37-year-old Alexander Herrera was driving on an Osceola County road Monday afternoon when he lost control of his car and when into the path of 50-year-old Wade Neely's car. Neely's car hit the right side of Herrera's car.
Herrera and his passenger, 38-year-old Misael Alonso, died at the scene. Neely was taken to an Orlando hospital in critical condition. His passenger, 50-year-old Brenda Neely, was listed in serious condition.
Troopers are still investigating what caused Herrera to lose control of his car.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Investigators look for answers in fatal Gateway standoff
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF