|Published:||Jul 17, 2012 1:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2012 1:14 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Two Lee County store clerks face charges of selling alcohol to a minor after deputies conducted an investigation on Monday.
James McMechan, an employee of CVS, and Shamin Begum, an employee of Bayshore Express, were both arrested.
McMechan asked for identification, but did not confirm the age of a 17-year-old male before selling him alcohol and cigarettes.
Begum failed to ask for identification at all from the teenager, who successfully purchased alcohol and a cigar.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks