|Published:||Jul 16, 2012 10:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2012 10:05 AM EDT|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - Police in central Florida have arrested a man they say shot and wounded an officer during a six-hour standoff.
The Palm Bay Police Department reports Mark Clark has been charged with attempted murder of a law enforcement officer, aggravated battery of an officer and aggravated assault.
According to authorities, two officers went to Clark's home Saturday evening to arrest him on a charge of aggravated assault.
After a brief conversation, police say Clark opened fire. Officer James Bearden was wounded in the left side of his jaw. Another officer injured his elbow when he fell as he returned fire.
Bearden was treated and released from the hospital.
SWAT teams, crisis negotiators and others responded to the scene. After several hours, Clark surrendered. He sustained minor injuries.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling